Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I Have a Good Feeling About This...

I sometimes get so buried in day-to-day tasks, it's easy to forget to go back to do and read what you love most. My first love is writing.

So it has been since I was a kid. The process of transforming my thoughts, as scattered as they may be, into a coherent text, is something I've always loved. This is the first of what I hope will be many such adventures in words.

I'm calling my blog Blue Swooshes for many reasons. That term is representative of different aspects of things that have long been of interest to me. In the Star Wars saga, Anakin/Luke Skywalker's lightsaber is blue. Sports morphed from being a passionate interest to an activity, and eventually, my career. The Nike swoosh is one of the most recognizable symbols of athletics in general. And politically, I do tend to lean to the blue side, though don't tell my employer that!

In this space, I hope to transform the myriad of disorganized thoughts, philosophies and opinions into a package I can neatly catalogue. But I have to be clear on one thing...I'm doing this for me. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I don't intend to make this a new career. I don't expect people - who if they do take the time to read my writings - to agree with me. I have a lot of minority opinions. This is an exercise for me, just as hopping on the cross country skiing machine in the fitness center at my workplace is an exercise for me.

I do a decent amount of writing for my job, but it's always factual regurgitation. I can rarely place any of "me" into what I write. And I think at this stage in my life, I need that. I hope to accomplish that goal here.

I also see this as an opportunity for personal growth. Perhaps I see my thoughts on a screen, and decide I need to educate myself further on whatever topic I'm opining about.

So, let's do this!

No comments: